A high number of IT -Projects fail in execution or terminate before finalization. The rate of failure is referenced not consistently in different publications. A major reference is the “Chaos report of standish Group”. In references the failure is quoted above 50%.
According to studies the following hard- and softfacts are the reasons for project failures:
– Unclear objectives, different expectations
– Major GAPs in requirement management
– Team size, project duration, and Complexity wrongly estimated
– Usage of unmature technologies
– Insufficient project planning and controlling
– Insufficient project communication
– Lack of resources
– Unclear roles & responsibilities
As experienced project- and program managers we support the whole project life cycle from initiation till project closure. Based on our experience we know the critical success factors and pitfalls and will increase the probability of Project success to a high degree.